Re: 2014 Marvel Slate From Disney

Post  thecolorsblend on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:58 pm

VERY interesting...

thecolorsblend

User Reputation: 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:41 am

I hope its antman and dr strange. Or strange/antman and a cap sequel.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation: 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:49 am

I think I can skip anything related to Antman, personally.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I think I can skip anything related to Antman, personally.

Speaking of Antman, I don't understand why he & Wasp ain't gonna be in THE AVENGERS, especially as I believe they were charter members. The HULK was a charter member but left almost as soon as he got there! Too uncontrollable I guess, although that version was presented as having intelligence, but in a way like the 'Gray Hulk' that they brought back in the 80's. Not like the 'Banner-controlled' Hulk.

Anyway, Antman & Wasp were original members. Antman also quickly back then became GIANT-MAN & in the 70's called his giant self GOLIATH. Henry Pym (Antman) went on to 'create' ULTRON, the evil android who would become a major adversary of the Avengers & I'll tell you the truth, Ultron would be a worthy villain for an Avengers sequel! Ultron even 'transformed' the original HUMAN TORCH into THE VISION. Vision also became a member of the Avengers.

So I guess my point is, since Henry Pym & his wife had such a major role in the Avengers comics, why are they being left out now?!

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation: 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:03 am

Just saw this over at cbm and thought to post it here to discuss take of course for grain of salt:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MovieMaster/news/?a=53622
SPOILERS: Tons Of Details For Marvel's Upcoming Slate Leaked?
According to an email from a Marvel insider I received, details for Avengers 2 and Marvel's future plans have been floating around different movie sites, but haven't been posted. Possible major spoilers after the jump
MovieMaster - 1/28/2012

With the release of The Avengers only 98 days away, anticipation has reached an all time high. Promotion for all 3 major CBM's is well underway, and today I bring you some highly plausible spoilers. He wished to remain anonymous, but from the information he told me about his position at Marvel he sounded like the real deal. There's a high chance this is fake, but it fits in with previous rumors we've heard about the movie before. Check it out below...

Marvel's 2014 Movies: Black Panther, Ant-Man and Doctor Strange

Marvel's 2015 Movies: Namor, Avengers 2 and Captain America 2

-At the end of Avengers, Bruce Banner finds a cure for Hulk and leaves the team.

-Black Widow and Hawkeye are de-promoted back to regular S.H.I.E.L.D agents because Nick Fury wants the team to be, "strictly superhero filled".

-Black Widow is in Cap 2. She is revealed as a spy for HYDRA. She is killed.

-In Doctor Strange, Dormammu is the main villain.

-Black Panther and Ant Man join the Avengers (there's Wasp too), but Hulk is at large again. The cure backfired, he is now permenantly Hulk. As a result, he is cleverer than how he is depicted in other incarnations, and can speak properly. Doctor Strange comes across Hulk and Namor (how they came across each other hasn't been decided yet) and they form their own superhero team, the Defenders. Avengers and Defenders are on speaking terms, they get along well and acknowledge that there are more superheroes in the world. Dormammu teams up with Kang the Conquerer to trick Avengers and Defenders into going to find the Infinity Gems, fighting along the way.

-In case you hadn't noticed, Infinity Gems feature in The Avengers. Loki wields the Mind gem. It's powers have been tweaked alot, and it allows for the wielder to actully control other's minds. This is how Loki gets his army. Thanos IS in the movie
, Loki uses the Mind Gem to trick him. They've had to change alot of aspects of the characters and story arcs to fit the big screen, but Thanos is the ruler of the Negative Zone and Annihilus are Loki's army.

Yeah, I spat out whatever I was eating as well. We've heard before that Annhilius would be the villains of the movie, and that Thanos is in the movie. I did some digging, and the supposed plot for Avengers 2 seems to be based on a 1970's arc where Dormammu teams up with Loki to trick the Avengers into fighting the Defenders and fighting the remaining pieces of the Evil Eye of Avalon. Check it out HERE!

Others have probably noticed this, but on the Marvel website when you click to see a picture or another form of media, the URL begins with i.annihil.us. There's an example of that HERE!

What do you think? Is this legit info and we've all been spoiled rotten, or the works of a fan with a huge imagination? Share your thoughts in the usual place.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 am

Let me get this straight. It took months and months to figure out who the hell is going to direct Thor 2 but somehow Marvel Studios already has all these subplots and guest stars figured out for movie that doesn't come out until after Thor 2???

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Ya its probably going to be like this, 13 as we know im3/thor2, 14 cap2/eithers avengers 2 or dr.strange, 15 antman/and either of the 14 one that doesn't happen.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Some day-dreamer wrote:

What do you think? Is this legit info and we've all been spoiled rotten, or the works of a fan with a huge imagination? Share your thoughts in the usual place.

Sounds like fanboy 'whankery' to me. For one, the Hulk being permanently the Hulk?! No more Bruce Banner?! Are you kidding me?! It's the Abomination that can't change back, not the Hulk. As a matter of fact, it's the Banner/Hulk dynamic that makes the character work in the first place. Do you think Marvel is gonna mess that up?

Like I said, fanboy whanking.

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:23 pm

non_amos wrote:Sounds like fanboy 'whankery' to me. For one, the Hulk being permanently the Hulk?! No more Bruce Banner?! Are you kidding me?! It's the Abomination that can't change back, not the Hulk. As a matter of fact, it's the Banner/Hulk dynamic that makes the character work in the first place. Do you think Marvel is gonna mess that up?

Like I said, fanboy whanking.

Actually, that DID happen in the comics:

http://marvel.com/universe/Hulk_(Bruce_Banner)

Gamma-powered psychiatrist Leonard "Doc" Samson captured the Hulk and successfully separated Banner and his alter ego. Without Banner's psyche to restrain him, the Hulk became a greater danger than ever before. Realizing there was only one way to reign in the Hulk, Banner agreed to merge with the monster. But the stress of the re-integration fractured Banner's subconscious, creating the street-smart gray Hulk. During this time, he spent several years in Las Vegas, sometimes operating as an enforcer calling himself Mr. Fixit (or "Joe Fixit.") The smart-mouth Fixit was an ill-tempered, wise-cracking, thuggish brute whose personality resembled that of his father and the fraternity boys who surrounded him in college. It was also at this time that Joe Fixit began his a short-lived relationship with the future wife of Rick Jones, Marlo Chandler. In this state of the Hulk, Banner again found himself changing into the Hulk at night and into his human form in the light of the day.

Soon after, the swirling mess of persona and mentalities took their toll on the ever-flustered mind of Dr. Banner, and a battle for supremacy and control took place in Banner's subconscious. With assistance by the Ringmaster and his hypnotic abilities, Doc Samson tapped into the subconscious of Banner and reached his separate incarnations. Through this hypnosis, Banner, the green Hulk, and the grey Fixit all aligned to face their true inner demons-- Banner's unresolved issues with his abusive father and the murderer of his mother. With this realization, Banner was able to fuse these mentalities together, finding peace of mind. However, a green but intelligent version of the Hulk emerged. He had the mentality of Dr. Banner but the body and abilities of the Hulk – later nicknamed the Professor. Although Banner had his dominant personalities merged together, there were a number of other personas running through his mind including that of a "Devil-Hulk."

So it's more like fan-fiction than fan-whankery.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

User Reputation: 544

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forum-motion.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:02 am

^ Wasn't that from the Peter David run on the character? His stuff is pretty well-regarded among core Hulk fans. Hell, there's juice to the concept. You could do a sort of riff on Flowers For Algernon, where the Banner retains his consciousness as the Hulk and gets him under control, thereby leading to Hulk rehabilitating his reputation and coming to be regarded as a real superhero... only for the "mindless" and "feral" Hulk to gradually reassert himself, and for all the positivity Banner has garnered to get squandered. It may work better as a comic book than in film (which usually need a nice, tidy happy ending most of the time) but there's something to the idea, I think.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:40 am

thecolorsblend wrote:^ Wasn't that from the Peter David run on the character? His stuff is pretty well-regarded among core Hulk fans. Hell, there's juice to the concept. You could do a sort of riff on Flowers For Algernon, where the Banner retains his consciousness as the Hulk and gets him under control, thereby leading to Hulk rehabilitating his reputation and coming to be regarded as a real superhero... only for the "mindless" and "feral" Hulk to gradually reassert himself, and for all the positivity Banner has garnered to get squandered. It may work better as a comic book than in film (which usually need a nice, tidy happy ending most of the time) but there's something to the idea, I think.

Umm, maybe?

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

User Reputation: 544

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forum-motion.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:38 am

I'm aware of the Professor Hulk & all of that but by then I had quit reading & collecting, actually during the Grey Hulk phase of the comics. Yes, Peter David was the one who took over the Hulk as the writer, having previously been popular with Spiderman. I know his run is regarded but I guess I just wasn't on the bandwagon at the time even though Tod McFarlane was doing pencils. I just quit comics.....again.....at the time. However, before my departure I feel that there were things I didn't particularly like:

1) GREY HULK-although I actually liked this version per se, since it was in the 1st issue ever but.....I don't think I was crazy about the Joe Fixit angle or the drastic reduction in strength.

2) LEADER-This was one I really didn't get. They 'rebooted' the Leader into a new menacing form. Although I didn't like the look, the explanation I liked even less. It never made sense to me because up until then, I had been keeping up with the Hulk comics like some people do Superman & Batman. So they come up with this explanation that they guy who was the Leader, well, it simply wore off & he went back to being a simple-minded janitor. That was like a 'WTF' moment for me because the last time I saw the Leader, he had gone back in time to the dinosaur age basically & was gonna recreate man in his image, where man would all look like the Leader. The Avengers, along with the Hulk, also went back in time & thwarted him. The last time I saw him he was falling head-first into some primordial soup or something, supposedly killed. But he shows up in Peter David's run & it simply 'wore off' over time?! What happened to Jurassic Park?! Did I dream those comics?! I think not. I think someone didn't do their homework. Now, I could be wrong on some things but I was regularly following the Hulk title & that never made sense.

3) PROFESSOR HULK-Although I wasn't reading at the time, I've since gotten some knowledge on this version even online as well as flipping through trades at used book stores. Here's another thing I didn't get. The intelligent Hulk had been done years before under Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema & done very well I might add. Banner could change any time he got ready & retained full control but he found that the Hulk's rage was well, the Hulk's mind, not Banner's, so it kind of nipped in the bud the whole 'madder Hulk gets, stronger Hulk gets' phenomenon. But with this Professor version, it's like they tried to 'reboot' the same principle but put a different slant on it. Could he change back & forth under this version? I dont know.

So there you have that. I just felt like they contradicted themselves immensely in these areas because I had been a fan up until that point & those 'changes' turned me off because to me it looked like they didn't even investigate their own source material.

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:30 am

Kevin feige comments on upcoming slates from marvel studios:
http://www.moviehole.net/201253870kevin-feige-on-hulk-2-iron-man-3-avengers-2-thor-2-captain-america-2
Kevin Feige on Hulk 2, Iron Man 3, Avengers 2, Thor 2, Captain America 2

By : KATIE CROCKER - Los Angeles Correspondent (Friday, April 13th, 2012 at 2:28 am)

Out promoting “The Avengers” – which, if you haven’t been on Twitter or done a Google, you’ll not be aware of the very positive things being said about the movie – Marvel’s Kevin Feige sat down to talk to the press about the company’s upcoming slate.

Interestingly enough, what with much of the praise for “The Avengers” being lumped on director Joss Whedon and actor Mark Ruffalo’s portrayal of ‘The Hulk’, Feige says there’s no plans at this stage to have Ruffalo star in his own “Hulk” movie (says Feige, “Hulk might be just the special guest in Avengers movies, who knows?”). Disappointing.

At the same time, there’s enough exciting films in Marvel’s future, it seems, to hold us over.

Here’s a summary of the Feige interview published by Collider :

He’s seen an unfinished version of The Amazing Spider-Man and says it is excellent and should quiet concerns over the idea of rebooting the franchise.
They have an option for Whedon to direct The Avengers 2 when and if the time comes.
There are currently no plans to do a new Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo.
Iron Man 3 starts filming in five weeks in North Carolina.
When approaching Iron Man 3, their gut instinct was to not make it be a pseudo-Avengers 2.
It’s a full-on Tony Stark movie.
Iron Man 3 is inspired by the first half of Iron Man 1 in that they’re metaphorically putting Tony back in the cave.
He’s stripped of everything, back against a wall, and has nothing but his intelligence to get him out.
Filming on Thor 2 begins in three months in London and it picks up where the first film left off in terms of Jane and Oden. Thor 2 also addresses what’s been happening in the nine realms with the Asgardians unable to use the Bifrost. Loki has a part in Thor 2, but there will be a different, big villain. The crux of Thor 2 is continuing the dynamic between Thor and Jane, as well as the relationship between Thor and Odin.
Feige says there are no plans for Marvel and Pixar to team up on a feature.
Creative talks have been progressing for years between Marvel and Disney about possibly doing a Marvel property as an animated film.
Edgar Wright did not film something for Marvel recently, but Feige says to pay attention to Wright’s tweets in the coming months “and that might change.”
They’re still figuring out how much period flashbacks to include in Captain America 2. The primary story of Captain America 2 will be Steve Rogers figuring out his place in the world. For the time-being, he’ll be staying with S.H.I.E.L.D.
They should announce by Comic-Con or before what’s coming out in May 2014.
Zak Penn did not write a Doctor Strange movie. Feige says, “depending on what Edgar Wright films for us” circumstances could possibly force them to make three films in one year.

So they’re saying “The Avengers” is the best Marvel movie to date… think “Iron Man 3″ will be any good? What about “Thor 2″?

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum