Connie nielson and Harry lennix up for roles in MOS

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Connie nielson and Harry lennix up for roles in MOS

Post  webhead2006 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Well we finally have some new potential casting news here is the link:
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/-man-of-steel-offers-go-out-to-connie-nielsen-harry-lennix-13899
I don't know either work much myself. But looking at them they are good actors. Connie would make for a lovely lara. And harry hmm I could see them maybe making him ron troup(spelling?), maybe henrey irons, or heck would be cool for john jones aka martian manhunter. But that is likely not an option.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation: 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Connie nielson and Harry lennix up for roles in MOS

Post  Apologist Puncher on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm making a prediction:

Harry Lennix is up for the Perry White role.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

User Reputation: 544

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forum-motion.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:45 pm

I doubt that, but Lennix is a pretty god character actor.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation: 14

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I'm making a prediction:

Harry Lennix is up for the Perry White role.
That wouldn't surprise me. Thought he looked sort of young for the role but Wiki says he's 46. Hmm. He was a different type of uptight asshole in the Matrix movies... but still an uptight asshole. Put a little heart into it and, yeah, I could see it. No, he ain't Dan Lauria but I could still see it.

thecolorsblend

User Reputation: 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 pm

BHoward wrote:I doubt that

Based on what, exactly?

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:36 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:That wouldn't surprise me. Thought he looked sort of young for the role but Wiki says he's 46. Hmm. He was a different type of uptight asshole in the Matrix movies... but still an uptight asshole. Put a little heart into it and, yeah, I could see it. No, he ain't Dan Lauria but I could still see it.

I doubt there will be a 60 yr old Perry White this time around.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:38 pm

would be strange to see them take a very iconic character like perry and change race. not that it isnt possible. other films/shows have done things like that. But when there is a bunch of pretty good black dc characters to use and some from the superman world. Would be odd not to at least use one of them.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:42 pm

webhead2006 wrote:would be strange to see them take a very iconic character like perry and change race. not that it isnt possible. other films/shows have done things like that. But when there is a bunch of pretty good black dc characters to use and some from the superman world. Would be odd not to at least use one of them.

You mean like taking Pete Ross:

And hiring this actor to portray him?

Yeah, that WOULD be "weird", wouldn't it.....?

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
BHoward wrote:I doubt that

Based on what, exactly?

Just my personal opinion. I like Lennix, outside of race, he could be a perfect actor for Perry White. Pointless to change a character's race that has been around for so long. I know it was done with Kingpin, just don't see it being done here. Just a feeling.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:48 pm

i didnt mean wierd like that ap. i like i said know film/tv have done changes like that for adaptions of books/etc... i was just saying would be strange to see them choose to go with a black actor for perry. When there is probably tons of good white actors who could fill the role nicely. And like i said there is a handful of black characters from superman comics that would be nice to see make an appearance in the film.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:48 pm

BHoward wrote:Just my personal opinion. I like Lennix, outside of race, he could be a perfect actor for Perry White. Pointless to change a character's race that has been around for so long. I know it was done with Kingpin, just don't see it being done here. Just a feeling.

Look up.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:49 pm

webhead2006 wrote:i didnt mean wierd like that ap. i like i said know film/tv have done changes like that for adaptions of books/etc... i was just saying would be strange to see them choose to go with a black actor for perry. When there is probably tons of good white actors who could fill the role nicely. And like i said there is a handful of black characters from superman comics that would be nice to see make an appearance in the film.

Not strange at all.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:01 am

Its obvious that WB changed the character of Pete Ross to provide the show with its black character to fill some sort of quota, along the part-Asian Lana Lang. As a black man I was offended by that. While I don't think hiring Lennix to play PW is the same kind of tokenism, I'd like to think that if that is the character he is playing, he's just that good of an actor and won the job. I wouldn't look at this as the same situation. I can see why the network would want to add some "flavor" to an ongoing series, whereas this motion picture wouldn't need that to capture "the Black audience". There are plenty of us who will see a Superman movie without having to have a black actor as a major character. I just don't see Snyder or Nolan making this character change just for general purpose. They are not Singer wanting a gay Jimmy Olsen.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:08 am

on the race card for a moment. if i recall one of the reasons pete was black in smallville was due to the hiring of allison. since original plans had chloe to be african american. Then they hired sam. I dont recall all the details.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:09 am

BHoward wrote:Its obvious that WB changed the character of Pete Ross to provide the show with its black character to fill some sort of quota, along the part-Asian Lana Lang. As a black man I was offended by that. While I don't think hiring Lennix to play PW is the same kind of tokenism, I'd like to think that if that is the character he is playing, he's just that good of an actor and won the job. I wouldn't look at this as the same situation. I can see why the network would want to add some "flavor" to an ongoing series, whereas this motion picture wouldn't need that to capture "the Black audience". There are plenty of us who will see a Superman movie without having to have a black actor as a major character. I just don't see Snyder or Nolan making this character change just for general purpose. They are not Singer wanting a gay Jimmy Olsen.

Have you seen Lennix act? I'd say his character was the ONLY one who was consistent from his first appearance all the way to his last in the 'Matrix' sequels. And he was VERY 'Perry White"-ish in that role too.

So no, it wasn't about him being a "token" ANYTHING.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top